Woman who cut off her newborn son's private parts handed 5-year prison term Mainichi Daily News, Sakai, Osaka, Japan, November 26, SAKAI, Osaka -- A woman accused of cutting off her newborn son's private parts in was ordered Monday to spend five years behind bars. Prosecutors had demanded an eight-year prison term. The inquiry, established to examine institutional responses to allegations of sexual abuse in eastern Ontario, spent the majority of its final week hearing submissions dealing with allegations that a pedophile clan operated with impunity in the city for decades.
Lawyers at the inquiry cast the clan stories as fabrications spread by a misguided police officer and embraced by a panic-stricken community. On Friday, the submissions focused on healing and reconciliation for the community and victims. Following a complaint in that a former altar boy had been sexually abused by a priest and a probation officer, many others came forward to allege they had also been abused by prominent people decades ago.
Many of those complainants were men, and a lawyer for the counselling group The Men's Project said even though there were a lot of community services in the city at the time, none could adequately handle men's counselling. Both groups also called for the province to create a sex abuse ombudsman. The Braxton County teacher admitted having sex with three middle school students, State Police said.
March 3, A Braxton County middle school teacher is in police custody after allegedly confessing to sexual misconduct with five of her students. The Globe and Mail March 7, Ontario's male victims of child sexual assault are being ignored by a provincial government that focuses all its attention on women, a newly launched lobby group that wants equitable funding argued Monday.
The group the Ontario Association of Male Survivor Services says that one man in five was sexually abused as a child and that ignoring the problem makes it harder for these men to recover. Homolka sues Ottawa for violating her rights Not allowing move to halfway house 'perverse,' suit says OTTAWA - Karla Homolka, convicted in the killing of two teenage girls, claims in a lawsuit that the federal government has violated her constitutional rights by refusing to transfer her to a Montreal halfway house.
Homolka argues in a lawsuit filed in the Federal Court of Canada that it is time to begin her reintegration into society. In particular, she would like to become acquainted with Montreal, a city she plans to call home when she is eventually released. Homolka was sentenced to a year term in for the killings of Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy. She stole my son's childhood and he's now in a terrible state and has threatened suicide. She got away lightly and should have got at least 10 years.
Had she been male, he said, the sentence would have been in double figures. This is the worst case of a woman abusing children in her care any court in the land has had to face.